This is a fun and tasty Halloween snack, entrée, or platter meal. Made with mini mozzarellas stuffed with pimento olives and decorated with a bit of red food coloring for that freshly plucked eyeball effect. You can make these a couple of hours ahead and serve them with keto bread and your favorite beverage.
Eyeballs with Olive and Cheese
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 10 pimento-stuffed olives
- 10 mini mozzarella balls
- Red food coloring
- A drop or two of water
- Pat dry the mozzarella balls with a paper towel.
- Make a hole in each mozzarella ball using the end of a wooden spoon.
- Stuff the mozzarella balls with the olives.
- Combine ¼ teaspoon of the red food coloring (in powder) with few drops of water to get a nice paste.
- Place the top of a toothpick into the color and draw red lines around the olives, to resemble eyeball blood lines.
Tips & Tricks
- Use Baybybel cheese if you can’t find mini mozzarella balls at your local store.
- This snack is best made fresh since cheese tends to oxidize if left out for too long.
- For easier color application, use a food marker instead.