These sausage mummies are probably the easiest Halloween treat you can make. They’re great served with chili sauce if you’re planning a party for adults or ketchup for the kids. Made with fathead dough, they have plenty of fat and barely any carbs for a keto-friendly All Hallows’ Eve. Serve them hot or cold, they’re great either way.
Keto Sausage Mummies
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 0.5oz. cream cheese
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1 extra-small egg
- 4 sausages
- Cream cheese
- 1 chopped black olive
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Make the “fathead” dough by combining the mozzarella, cream cheese, and almond flour in a mixing bowl.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and fold in the egg.
- Stir until a smooth and soft dough comes together.
- Roll between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Cut the dough with a pizza cutter into ⅛-inch-thick strips.
- To assemble the sausage mummies, wrap the dough strips around the sausages to resemble mummies. Spray the wrapped sausages with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the sausages from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Use small blobs of cream cheese and place a tiny piece of chopped black olive at the center of the blob to create eyes.
Tips & Tricks
Frankfurter sausages are best for this recipe, but most other pork sausages will do the trick.
You can make the dough a day ahead or even freeze larger batches to have available at all times.
For an herbal twist, feel free to add Italian seasoning to the dough. It will change the appearance, though.