If you love pasta but want to embrace a low-carb diet, this beef ramen recipe will positively make your day. With a total prep and cooking time of 30 minutes, it’s best enjoyed during the winter, chilly mornings, and anytime you just want a hot bowl of Asian food. You may serve it with sliced hard-boiled eggs!
Keto Spicy Beef Ramen
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1lb. ground beef, browned
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 packages miracle angel hair noodles
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, for topping, optional
- If not done already, brown the beef in a skillet with some vegetable oil.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beef stock and coconut aminos. Simmer for 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- Add the prepared noodles to warm stock mixture.
- Add ground beef and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished with sliced spring onion and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Tips & Tricks
You might be curious why this ramen dish is low-carb. Unlike the typical ramen recipe that uses Chinese-style wheat noodles, we’re using angel hair noodles made with fiber-rich glucomannan starch. Instead of soy sauce, use coconut aminos because it has a low glycemic index yet never fails to add a savory taste to any dish. For an added spice, don’t forget to sprinkle red pepper flakes on top.