Whether you’re batch cooking for yourself or thinking of a crispy dinner meal to serve to your family, try our keto-friendly pork belly. This guilt-free recipe contains no carbohydrates at all and 61g total fat. It’s the perfect dish to introduce to get your loved ones to appreciate keto. Serve with roasted asparagus and a glass of keto wine!
Keto Pork Belly
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
- 2lb. pork belly
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground mixed pepper (black, white, red) or plain black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Score the skin of pork with a sharp knife.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the pork into roasting tray, with the rack removed, skin side up for 30 minutes or until the skin is blistered.
- Reduce heat to 320F and continue to roast for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Leave the pork to rest for 20 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
Want some extra crispiness and crumbliness to your pork belly dish? Try the “prickling” method where you use an ice pick to poke lots of holes into the meat before seasoning. Another method would be to use salt crust. When buying pork, be sure to choose bellies that have bright white fat.
With zero sugar, high-fat content, and a chock-full of nutrients (B vitamins, zinc, niacin, phosphorous), pork belly has a good place in a healthy ketogenic lifestyle. You can get more micronutrients from each meal by adding low-carb vegetable side dishes.