Nothings says comforting more than a warm bowl of hearty chicken soup. This keto-friendly version calls for thin strips of cabbage instead of noodles and button mushrooms for more body and flavor. A serving will give you a hefty dose of protein and fat to keep you feeling full and energized.
Keto Chicken Soup
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 oz. butter
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 3 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ medium sized carrot, chopped
- ¾ rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage, cut into thin stripes
- Place a large pot over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the celery, onion, mushrooms and garlic and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the broth, carrot, and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Lastly, add the cabbage and shredded chicken and continue simmering for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Tips & Tricks
This soup tastes best if you make your own chicken broth from scratch. The most flavorful broth is made with roasted chicken meat and bones instead of raw chicken. Another tip is to add chicken fit for added gelatin if you can find any.
If you have leftover rotisserie chicken, do not throw away the carcass! Instead, repurpose it along with any leftover meat juices to make the most flavorful broth.