If you’re a fan of Panera Bread’s most famous soup – then you’ll love this recipe. It’s simple, quick, and requires only a handful of ingredients. And despite what you may have been told about this soup, we can assure you it’s perfectly healthy, especially when you’re on a keto diet. Make this soup for lunch or dinner and serve it any time you’re craving comfort food.
Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Olive oil, a drizzle
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Toss in the broccoli and stir until coated with oil.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and heavy cream.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Add the shredded cheese gradually ½ cup at the time and stir until the cheese has melted before adding more.
- Serve warm.
Tips & Tricks
The beauty of this soup is its simplicity of both flavor and preparation. But for those of you who always like to spice things up a bit – feel free to add paprika, mustard powder, and sour cream. And to achieve the best flavor, go for sharp cheddar cheese.
This soup is a great source of calcium form the cheddar and heavy cream, providing around 35-40% of the DV for this nutrient per serving. You’ll also get fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and cancer-fighting antioxidants from the broccoli, garlic, and olive oil. And another plus is definitely the protein content of this soup – protein is the most satiating of the macros, and this soup is a source of complete protein.