This is a low-carb version of apple cider provides all the health benefits of cider without the carbs. Made with diluted apple vinegar and flavored with cinnamon, cloves, and stevia, this drink makes for a powerful antioxidant elixir. Make it during cold and rainy fall days or any other time you need a rejuvenating drink.
Hot Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 6 cloves
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- Stevia, to taste
- Combine water, cinnamon, cloves and cider vinegar in a saucepot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until very fragrant.
- Spoon the cider vinegar into a mug or heat-proof glass.
- Add stevia to taste and serve.
Tips & Tricks
You can upgrade the flavor of this drink by adding orange slices, allspice, and vanilla extract. To thicken it, consider adding a touch (¼ tsp) of glucomannan powder to make it resemble true apple cider in appearance and mouthfeel.