These lovely meringues are festive, sweet, and actually good for you. Made with three simple ingredients, they’re also one of the simplest holiday sweets you can share during the holidays. The fiber-based syrup helps keep these meringues low-carb while the sugar-free peppermint candies make them look like Christmas.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
- ¾ cup Sukrin Fiber Syrup (Clear)
- 1 large egg white
- Sugar-free peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 195F and line two cookie sheets with baking paper.
- Prepare a double boiler.
- Add the syrup and egg white to the bowl of your double boiler and beat with a hand mixer. Keep beating until fluffy and the consistency stops changing, around 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the boiler and transfer to a stand mixer (or different bowl) and mix on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with the crushed candies and place into the preheated oven for 2 hours.
- Cool for 1 hour before serving.
Tips & Tricks
For perfect meringue, you’ll need to use clean utensils and make sure not even a droplet of yolk ends up the egg whites. Another tip is to use older eggs as these tend to fluff up better.
To help stabilize meringue, feel free to incorporate a bit of cream of tartar into the mixture. Cream of tartar is an acidic salt that helps egg whites hold more air and remain fluffy during baking.
Don’t use less sweetener than recommended in this recipe – it also acts as a stabilizer, helping the meringues hold their shape.