A low-carb version of classic cinnamon coffee cake with a maple-donut-flavored glaze. This recipe uses instant Keto Baking Mix containing almonds, tapioca fiber, and coconut flour, among other keto-friendly things. At less than 1g net carbs per slice, feel free to have two, or three.
Keto Coffee Cake
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8-inch baking pan or 12-inch loaf pan with baking paper.
- First, make the cinnamon mix: combine cinnamon and Swerve in a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, make the cake batter by combining all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Fold in the eggs, butter, and almond milk and stir well until you get a smooth batter.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mix. Spread the rest of the batter and finish off with the remaining cinnamon mix.
- Bake for around 35 minutes. Once, done, set aside to cool.
- Lastly, make the frosting: chop the Keto Bar and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave until soft (the Keto Bar will not melt like chocolate, so don’t worry about it not being runny). Fold in the heavy cream and stir until smooth.
- Pour frosting over the cooled cake. Let stand for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
Tips & Tricks
If you cannot find Brown Swerve, use granulated erythritol or monk fruit sweetener. You could also add a handful of chopped walnuts to the top before baking to add crunch and create something similar to a streusel topping, which is popular with coffee cake.
Store cake in the fridge for up to a week or freezer for up to three months.