Next time you feel those chocolate cravings strike, consider making this quick, easy, and affordable (but fancy) chocolate mug cakes. Made with ingredients you likely already have at home, this recipe makes for a decadent dessert you can whip up in just a few minutes. And because this cake is low-carb and sugar-free, you can enjoy it without the guilt.
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 ½ minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Swerve
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Whipped cream, to serve
- 1 Keto Bar – Chocolate Peanut Butter, chopped
- Add butter to a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Fold in the eggs, the nut flours and the baking powder.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla, and Swerve.
- Equally divide the mixture among two ramekins, filling each to ¾ of fullness.
- Sprinkle the batter with the chopped Keto Bar.
- Microwave the cake for 70 seconds. If baking in the oven, bake at 375 F for 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
Tips & Tricks
Make sure you’re using almond flour instead of almond meal for these cakes since the latter results in a dense cake that won’t rise. The coconut flour is also essential as it helps absorb excess moisture. If you’d like to make this just for yourself, then half all the ingredients. Alternatively, you could eat the two servings yourself, but that’s up to you and your daily calorie limit.
Upgrade your cakes
Mug cakes are pretty forgiving when it comes to toppings and fillings – there is a whole range of ingredients that behave well with mug cakes like these. Consider topping these cakes with berries instead of the chocolate bar. You can also add a teaspoon of sugar-free jelly at the center of the cake or even your favorite nut butter. Some also prefer their chocolate mug cakes topped with a sugar-free chocolate sauce.