If you ever find yourself craving Classic Wendy’s Frosty, then try our this low-carb copycat. It’s as close as it gets to the original: a mild chocolaty taste with just a touch of vanilla to make it go with any dish. And what’s best is that it’s 1.8g net carbs.
Keto Chocolate Frosty
Preparation Time: 10 minutes + inactive time
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp almond butter or another nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a chilled glass bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat until you get a thicker whipped cream.
- Cover the bowl with plastic foil and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls or ice cream glasses.
- Garnish with berry fruit, nuts, or shaved chocolate.
Tips & Tricks
The frosty is a strange dessert that’s a cross between a smoothie and soft serve. In order to achieve this perfect consistency (not too thick nor too runny), make sure to cover the frosty tightly to prevent ice crystals from forming. Another option is to add guar gum to the mixture.
This frosty provides moderate levels of fat-soluble vitamin A, D, and E. It’s also a modest source of calcium. The cocoa powder provides an antioxidant and fiber boost together with the almond butter.