Danish butter cookies are a beautiful Christmas staple that many also enjoy year-round. This recipe shows you how to make a keto-friendly version of these buttery treats using our Keto Baking Mix. It contains almond and coconut flour and other low-carb ingredients. The texture and taste are close to the original and they look the part, too!
Danish Butter Cookies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Keto Baking Mix – Shortbread Cookie
- ½ cup Confectioners Swerve
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add the Swerve sweetener and beat until well combined.
- Fold in the yolks one at the time.
- Finally, stir in Keto Baking Mix, vanilla extract, and almond milk and stir until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into spirals onto a baking sheet (the spirals should be 2-inches in diameter).
- Place the unbaked cookies for about 5 minutes into the freezer.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden on the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Tips & Tricks
Feel free to decorate these cookies with sugar, glazes, and sprinkles. Add the sprinkles and coarse sugar before popping in the oven or dip half of a cookie into a chocolate glaze mix.
Do chill these before baking since this prevents them from overspreading and becoming flat. You can even freeze them until completely firm and bake them at a later time.