Wow Santa this year with some low-carb cookies and a glass of almond milk. These taste just like the original but contain a fraction of its carbs. Making these cookies is easy, and you should definitely get the whole family to join in Santa’s favorite cookies making.
Cookies for Santa
Preparation Time: 15 minutes + inactive time
Cook Time: 15 minute
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp gingerbread men mixture (mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 1 medium egg
- ½ cup golden sweetener
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and golden sweetener.
- Fold in the egg followed by the dry ingredients.
- Knead into a dough until smooth.
- Wrap the dough in plastic foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough between two pieces of baking paper to ⅛-inch thickness.
- Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Arrange the cookies on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper.
- Chill for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack before decorating.
Tips & Tricks
To decorate your cookies, you can simply sprinkle them with powdered sweetener or, even better, make sugarless “sugar” cookie glazing:
- Beat 1 egg white with 1 cup of powdered erythritol.
- Divide into four equal parts and color each part with desired food coloring.
- Pipe the glazing onto cookies and let the glazing become firm before serving.