This is a great smoothie if you want to sneak more greens into your diet without noticing. The chocolate-flavored protein powder and fresh mint add decadence to this healthful smoothie. Bear in mind that this is a thick smoothie, and you can dilute it with water, ice, or more almond milk if you prefer.
Mint Chocolate Chip Green Smoothie
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- In a blender, combine together the almond milk, spinach, avocado, protein, and mint leaves.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle with the chopped chocolate, if using.
- Serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks
- If not using chopped chocolate, use cacao nibs or your choice of nuts instead. Both will help add great texture and antioxidants to this drink.
- You can swap fresh mint leaves for food-grade essential mint oil or mint extract.
- This smoothie will get its sweetness from the added protein powder. If you need it to be sweeter, add a couple of drops of stevia or use a different sweetener.
- Drink this smoothie as soon as possible. The greens in it will oxidize and turn brown if left sitting for too long.