If you’re on the lookout for supplements to support your keto lifestyle and you happen to watch the reality TV show Shark Tank, most likely you’ve Googled shark tank keto pills.
Shark Tank is so popular that many people would like to get their hands on anything that comes out of the show. And with keto hitting the mainstream, a business can claim that they were endorsed by Shark Tank to get consumers to choose them.
But knowing that the market could be riddled with false advertising, it’s important to do your research before buying exogenous ketone pills. This begs the question: If a brand is willing to go so far as to make a false marketing claim, should you trust their ingredients?
What Are Shark Tank Keto Pills?
Shark Tank keto pills are supplements from brands that claim to have been featured on Shark Tank. Often, you’ll find these products on Amazon.com.
We did our research to confirm whether such products were really featured on the show. Here’s what we unearthed:
- Mark Cuban, one of the shark investors on Shark Tank, replied to a tweet where a concerned person asked if the sharks invested in diet pills by the name of KETO. His reply was:
This is a scam. If you see anything like this please report them to the @FTC.
- BBB investigation results revealed that PureFit KETO, one of the supplements that were marketed as Shark Tank products, has not been mentioned on the show. The BBB also mentioned that the company advertised that they were “struggling to keep supply in stock due to popular social media and TV demand.” They end their investigation results by saying that “customers should take caution before ordering products.”
What Is It Made Of?
Aside from PureFit KETO’s Advanced Weight Loss, we picked two other keto “Shark Tank” pills from Amazon:
- Honest Keto Diet Keto Advanced Weight Loss
- Keto Driven KETO Ketosis Weight Loss Formula
Their supplemental facts feature ketone salts (also called BHB salts), namely:
- Magnesium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate
- Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate
- Sodium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate
What are ketone salts and how are they supposed to help you as someone who’s starting a keto diet?
Ketone salts are a ketone body (beta-hydroxybutyrate or BHB for short) that’s bound to a mineral salt. That mineral salt could be calcium, sodium or magnesium.
Recall that when you restrict carbohydrates, your body converts fat into fatty acids. Fatty acids break down into ketone bodies. One of the main ketone bodies is beta-hydroxybutyrate. It’s also the most abundant and less likely to degrade into acetone 2.
Beta-hydroxybutyrate can also be supplied to your body in the form of a supplement, taken orally, which is why it’s called an exogenous ketone. Exogenous means “originating from outside.”
A study shows that ketone supplementation reduces blood glucose levels, increases ketone levels, promotes keto-adaptation, and protects the brain during hypoglycemia. 3.
Anyone who’s looking to enter ketosis and achieve weight loss and better exercise performance will benefit from exogenous ketones.
Mixing BHB with a mineral salt makes the supplement taste better.
Are Shark Tank Keto Pills Safe?
We cannot guarantee that these so-called “Shark Tank” keto pills are safe considering that they mislead consumers by claiming to be endorsed by the show. Nobody knows if these Shark Tank pills used high-quality ingredients that truly put you in ketosis.
If you decide to proceed with any Shark Tank keto product, do your research. Find out if you can easily get in touch with the company in case you have concerns about the supplement.
Shark Tank Keto Pills vs. Kiss My Keto Exogenous Ketones
Should you take Shark Tank keto pills or Kiss My Keto’s exogenous ketone supplements? Consider these pros and cons:
Shark Tank keto pills
Around 60% of the customer reviews for the Shark Tank keto pills Honest Keto Diet Keto Advanced Weight Loss and Keto Driven KETO Ketosis Weight Loss Formula were positive. Some of the reviews mentioned that the products were able to help them shed pounds and lower their sugar cravings. However, it won’t hurt to consider the possibility that these positive reviews have been purchased or are fake.
Kiss My Keto exogenous ketones
Kiss My Keto’s 3 products, Exogenous Ketones With Electrolytes Lemon Lime, Exogenous Ketones With Electrolytes And Caffeine Mixed Berry, and Exogenous Ketones Capsules w/ Caffeine,give you the option to choose a supplement that has added caffeine, 3 more electrolytes (Phosphorous, Zinc, and Potassium), or both (caffeine + electrolytes). That’s on top of the BHB salts that boost your ketone levels and help you achieve fat loss.
The added minerals (Phosphorous, Zinc, and Potassium) will help keep your blood vessels healthy, fight off infection, and aid in digestion 4. The caffeine content will boost your alertness and energy levels 5.
What’s more, Kiss My Keto’s exogenous ketone supplements contain no carbohydrates, artificial colors or preservatives.
Shark Tank keto pills
These keto diet pills used false advertising. There is no proof that these pills were featured on Shark Tank.
Kiss My Keto exogenous ketones
Some customers like the taste of our flavored exogenous ketones while some don’t. Taste preferences vary.
Now that you know what Shark Tank keto pills are and how they compare with Kiss My Keto’s exogenous ketones, here are our thoughts:
- There’s a lack of evidence that Shark Tank endorsed “Shark Tank” keto pills. However, based on the nutritional facts on the bottle, these pills provide mineral salts and ketone bodies which we know promote ketosis.
- Kiss My Keto’s exogenous ketones also contain ketone salts (BHB + mineral salt) to stimulate ketosis. But what makes them stand out is that they have added electrolytes and caffeine for greater health benefits.
Supplementation on the keto diet helps ketoers in many ways. They mainly increase ketone levels, allowing anyone to enter ketosis easily even without having to practice fasting.
A study shows that taking ketone supplements decreases your blood glucose and boosts your level of ketones to speed up the transition into ketosis. Ketones also protect your brain, lower your appetite, and promote fat loss.
Shark Tank keto pills are popular because of the show Shark Tank. However, there is no solid proof to show that the sharks promoted such pills. If you’re looking for an exogenous ketone supplement that uses quality ingredients and supports a healthy ketogenic lifestyle, try one of Kiss My Keto’s exogenous ketones.
- Exogenous ketones kickstart ketosis by increasing ketone levels.
- Ketone supplements provide you with exogenous BHB salts namely, Magnesium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate, Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate, and Sodium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate.
- Combining beta-hydroxybutyrate with a mineral salt makes the supplement taste better.
- Before buying a keto diet supplement, research the company, read the labels, and don’t forget to seek advice from a doctor if you have an existing health condition.