Two of the most popular collagen supplements are Kiss My Keto collagen and Perfect Keto collagen. Read this detailed review to make the right choice.
As the most abundant protein in the human body, collagen is found in our skin, bones, and muscles. Taking a collagen supplement benefits us in many ways.
For example, collagen strengthens the skin and decreases the appearance of wrinkles as we age. Those who live an active lifestyle, including athletes, are able to move better and experience less joint pain. Other advantages include improved hair health, bone health, gut health, and soft tissue repair.
If you’re following a low-carb, high-fat ketogenic diet, you know how challenging it can be to find the best supplement that:
- Contains minimal carbs and sugar
- Have ingredients specifically designed for ketosis
- Is grain-free, gluten free, and soy-free
- Tastes great while boosting your health
That’s why we picked two popular low-carb collagen supplements that people already like and trust: Kiss My Keto and Perfect Keto. Before buying one, read until the end of this article!
What Is Perfect Keto Collagen?
Perfect Keto collagen is a powdered supplement produced by Perfect Keto store, a ketogenic diet and health supplement company based in Austin, TX. This product combines 100 % grassfed collagen and medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs).
According to their product page, Perfect Keto founder Anthony Gustin makes a shake out of it, while Chris, their education manager, uses it for hot cocoa.
Is Perfect Keto Collagen Keto-Friendly?
Collagen protein in itself is keto-friendly. Looking at Perfect Keto collagen powder, we can tell that it’s also supportive of the high-fat ketogenic diet based on its nutritional info and ingredients which we’ll dive into in a while.
Perfect Keto Collagen vs Kiss My Keto
This section gives more details on the differences between Kiss My Keto and Perfect Keto’s powdered collagen. That way, you can decide which low-carb product makes more sense for you based on the contents, reviews from real users, and your own preferences.
Kiss My Keto lists the following ingredients per collagen powder flavor:
- Birthday Cake collagen: Hydrolyzed Collagen (From Grass-fed Collagen Peptides), MCT Oil Powder, Gum Acacia, Natural Flavors, RebA (Stevia Leaf Extract), Sodium Chloride.
- Chocolate collagen: Hydrolyzed Collagen (From Grass-fed Collagen Peptides), MCT Oil Powder, Gum Acacia, Cocoa Powder, Sea Salt, RebA (Stevia Leaf Extract), Sodium Chloride.
Perfect Keto store lists the following ingredients per collagen powder flavor:
- Strawberry collagen: Hydrolyzed collagen, MCT (medium chain triglycerides), Sea Salt, Natural Flavors, Gum Acacia, RebA (Stevia Leaf Extract), Beet Juice (for color).
- Peanut Butter collagen: Hydrolyzed collagen, MCT (medium chain triglycerides), Peanut Flour, Coconut Cream Powder, Sea Salt, Natural Flavors, Gum Acacia, RebA (Stevia Leaf Extract).
- Cinnamon Toast collagen: Hydrolyzed collagen, MCT (medium chain triglycerides), Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, Gum Acacia, RebM (Stevia Leaf Extract), Sodium Chloride.
- Chocolate collagen: Hydrolyzed collagen, MCT (medium chain triglycerides), Cocoa Powder processed with Alkali, Sodium Chloride, RebA (Stevia Leaf Extract), Gum Acacia.
- Unflavored collagen: Hydrolyzed collagen, MCT (medium chain triglycerides), Gum Acacia.
- Salted Caramel collagen: Hydrolyzed collagen, MCT (medium chain triglycerides), Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, RebA (Stevia Leaf Extract), Gum Acacia.
- Vanilla collagen: Hydrolyzed collagen, MCT (medium chain triglycerides), Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, RebA (Stevia Leaf Extract), Gum Acacia.
As you’ve seen, Kiss My Keto and Perfect Keto use the same ingredients for their collagen. They only vary in the natural flavors. Another similarity is that it contains 100% grass-fed hydrolyzed collagen. Grass-fed collagen is organic and derived from animals that were strictly raised.
When it comes to the MCT, here’s what we know: Kiss My Keto uses a combination of C8 Caprylic Acid and C12 Lauric Acid. This provides you with a quick and stable energy while enhancing weight loss.
We do not know if this is the same with Perfect Keto since we haven’t seen this information on their product page.
Now, let’s consider both products from a low-carb, high-fat ketogenic macronutrient standpoint.
Here is Kiss My Keto’s nutritional info per scoop (17g):
- Calories: 70
- Net carbs: 0-1g
- Fat: 3.5-4g
- Protein: 9-10g
Here is Perfect Keto’s nutritional info per scoop (15-19.7g):
- Calories: 70-90
- Net carbs: 1-2g
- Fat: 3.5-4g
- Protein: 9-10g
While both brands have macros that support ketosis, Kiss My Keto is more “ketogenic” considering that it starts at 0 grams of net carbs for their Chocolate flavor.
So, if you love chocolate and are closely watching your carb intake daily, this is your best collagen choice.
It’s obvious that Perfect Keto store has more available flavors to suit your taste preferences. Currently, they have 7 flavors that include Strawberry, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Toast, Chocolate, Unflavored, Vanilla, and Salted Caramel.
Meanwhile, Kiss My Keto offers 2 classic flavors – Birthday Cake and Chocolate. Kiss My Keto’s customers have said that the Birthday Cake really tasted like cake batter while Chocolate tasted like real chocolate milk.
Taste is an important factor for buying a low-carb product repeatedly. Unfortunately, not all collagen protein products on the market taste great.
Here are some taste reviews for Kiss My Keto collagen:
- “I’ve purchased both the chocolate and the birthday cake flavors. The chocolate is like chocolate milk and tastes super yummy, better than most chocolate flavor protein powders.”
- “The taste is great, much better than I expected it to be. I’ve been using it for around 4 months and love it.”
- “Being a keto protein powder, I thought for sure it would taste as bad as the cheap whey protein shakes I used to drink. But no, this literally tastes almost like you’ve put a cupcake in the blender (minus the grit – there’s no grit!).”
And here’s for Perfect Keto collagen:
- “I’ve never reviewed a product yet, and I just had to on this Keto Protein powder. It is delicious. Every shake I make, I enjoy every last sip.”
- “My coffee will never be the same without it! It dissolves instantly in water also, and tastes great.”
- “I chug it because it tastes like a dessert! Hoping it helps with my hair!”
From a pricing standpoint, Perfect Keto collagen is cheaper. Perfect Keto costs $36.99 for each of their flavors while Kiss My Keto costs $38.99 per unit. That’s a $2 difference.
Both brands offer a 30 days money-back guarantee.
Check out these Kiss My Keto and Perfect Keto collagen reviews:
Kiss My Keto
- No weird aftertaste: “It does not have the weird aftertaste that stevia usually leaves behind, even though there is stevia in it.”
- No artificial sweeteners: “All the other Keto shakes I looked at had artificial sweeteners. Finally found one that didn’t. Very happy, taste great.”
- Blends well: I put it in a single serve blender cup and it blends well. I also add 1tsp to my morning coffee with a bit of heavy cream. Tastes great and powder fully dissolves.”
- Not cost-effective for some: “Tastes great, but pricey.”
- Unflavored option that complements any beverage: “I love the unflavored since it doesn’t change the flavor of my smoothies.”
- Recognizable ingredients: “Tastes great, and it’s awesome that I recognize every ingredient in the label.”
- Not cost-effective for some: “Pricier than I would like.”
- Aftertaste: “This taste great! It does have an after taste. If you’re not on keto you probably won’t like it. It isn’t overly sweet and definitely not bitter.”
One thing that Perfect Keto and Kiss My Keto have in common is the positive and honest feedback they’ve received from the keto diet community!
And the winner is…
In summary, Kiss My Keto and Perfect Keto collagen are alike in many ways. The fact that both are keto-friendly, absolutely delicious, and contains 100% grass-fed collagen protein makes them great options.
However, if you’re looking to use keto collagen powder with zero net carbs so you can enter ketosis faster daily, the best collagen choice is Kiss My Keto’s Chocolate. It has a perfect macronutrient ratio.
Use Perfect Keto, on the other hand, if you want more flavors.
What’s more important for you? You decide. Go with the one you feel most confident about and that meets your low-carb, high-fat diet goals even if it means spending a little bit more.