EPIC bars and Kiss My Keto bars are two popular keto snacks. Let’s take a closer look at their macros, ingredients, and more to make the best choice.
If you like a combination of taste, nutrition, and convenience, there’s no reason why you wouldn’t buy keto bars. When it comes to choosing the best possible option, a basic rule would be that a keto bar should be low in carbs and high in fat.
And if these bars taste sweet, they should only use keto-friendly sweeteners like stevia, erythritol, and monk fruit. Flavor availability is also a factor for those who love variety.
This article focuses on two keto bar products, namely: EPIC bars and Kiss My Keto bars. You’ve probably heard of these keto snacks and are wondering what makes one better than the other. Or is one product better suited for a type of keto dieter?
Find out more by reading this protein bars review until the end.
What Are EPIC Protein Bars?
Perhaps the first thing to know about EPIC bars is that they’re animal-based protein bars. Unlike most keto bars on the market that are sweet, nutty, and chocolatey, EPIC bars are savory. So if you eat mostly meat on keto or are a meat lover yourself, EPIC bars would be a natural option for meat snacks.
According to EPIC, all the animals they use for each protein bar are 100% grass-fed. Another thing to note is that EPIC ships products only within the US.
Are EPIC Protein Bars Keto-Friendly?
Yes. EPIC bars can be consumed by keto dieters. Each bar is very low in net carbohydrates. For example, their chicken sriracha bar has only 1 gram net carbs.
However, take note that these meat snacks are high in protein. Eating a lot of dietary protein can lower ketones in the blood which is why on the keto diet, protein is kept at moderate amounts.
Kiss My Keto bars
- Chocolate Coconut: Tapioca Fiber Syrup, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Unsweetened Chocolate, Whole Egg Powder, Milk Protein Isolate, Cashews, Inulin, Vegetable Glycerin, Egg White Protein, Erythritol, Cocoa Butter, Coconut, Natural Flavor, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Gum Acacia, Sunflower Lecithin, MCT Powder, Sea Salt, Almonds, Stevia Extract, Vanilla Extract.
- Chocolate Cookie Dough: Tapioca Fiber Syrup, Coconut Oil, Whole Egg Powder, Almonds, Unsweetened Chocolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Inulin, Vegetable Glycerin, Egg White Protein, Erythritol, Cocoa Butter, Cacao Nibs, Natural Flavor, Gum Acacia, Sunflower Lecithin, Sea Salt, MCT Powder, Cashews, Stevia Extract, Vanilla Extract.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Tapioca Fiber Syrup, Coconut Oil, Unsweetened Chocolate, Whole Egg Powder, Peanuts, Milk Protein Isolate, Inulin, Egg White Protein, Vegetable Glycerin, Erythritol, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavor, Gum Acacia, Peanut Extract, Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, MCT Powder, Almonds, Cashews, Stevia Extract.
- Venison Sea Salt + Pepper: Grass-fed Venison, Lactic Acid (not from milk), Sea Salt, Water, Black Pepper, Cultured Celery Powder, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder.
- Chicken Sriracha: Chicken, Encapsulated Lactic Acid (not from milk), Sea Salt, Dried Garlic, Crushed Red Pepper, Paprika, Cultured Celery Powder, Dried Onion, Red Pepper, Black Pepper, Cumin, Oregano.
- Beef Sea Salt + Pepper: Beef, Encapsulated Lactic Acid (not from milk), Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Cultured Celery Powder.
- Beef Jalapeño: Beef, Jalapeno Pepper, Encapsulated Lactic Acid (not from milk), Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cultured Celery Powder, Cilantro.
- Beef Barbacoa: Beef, Encapsulated Lactic Acid (not from milk), Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Onion Powder, Cultured Celery Powder, Paprika, Black Pepper, Cumin, Oregano, Red Pepper, Cloves, Cilantro.
- Bison Bacon Cranberry Bars: Bison, Uncured Bacon – No Nitrates or Nitrites Added* (Pork, Water, Sea Salt, Brown Sugar, Vinegar, Celery Powder), Dried Cranberries (Apple Juice Concentrate, Cranberries), Encapsulated Lactic Acid**, Cultured Celery Powder, Sea Salt.
- Beef Habanero Cherry Walnut: Grass-fed Beef, Dried Cherries, Walnuts, Water, Encapsulated Lactic Acid*, Salt, Cultured Celery Powder, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Habanero Peppers.
- Turkey Almond Cranberry: Turkey, Almonds, Cranberries (Apple Juice Concentrate, Cranberries), Encapsulated Lactic Acid*, Sea Salt, Cultured Celery Powder, Nutmeg, Coriander, Cumin, Dried Garlic, Paprika, Red Pepper, Dried Onion.
Notable differences with the ingredients:
Kiss My Keto’s ingredients are what make their bars a classic go-to for those with a sweet tooth. One of its important ingredients is medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that increase your ketone levels and provide quick energy. Also, a Kiss My Keto bar uses stevia extract and erythritol as sweeteners.
EPIC’s main content includes meat and spices like garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt. Also, EPIC bars do not use sweeteners.
Kiss My Keto bars are low-carb, high-fat, and moderate-protein snacks. The macros are perfectly balanced to support nutritional ketosis. Compared with an EPIC bar, a Kiss My Keto bar is also bigger in size. One 50 gram bar has:
- Calories: 230-240
- Net carbs: 3g
- Fat: 18-19g
- Protein: 9g
EPIC bars, while being low in carbs, contain more protein – about 10-13 grams per bar. One bar that’s 37 grams or 43 grams, depending on the flavor, has:
- Calories: 110-150
- Net carbs: 0-1g
- Fat: 6-10g
- Protein: 10-13g
A note on dietary fiber:
Kiss My Keto bars are high on dietary fiber. Dietary fiber is included in the total carbohydrate count on the nutrition facts label. But keep in mind that dietary fiber can’t be digested by your body, which is why it’s subtracted from total carbs to get the net carbs. In contrast, EPIC bars are low on dietary fiber since they’re meat snacks.
When it comes to the flavors, Kiss My Keto features 3 options for chocolate lovers: Chocolate Coconut, Chocolate Cookie Dough, and Chocolate Peanut Butter. If you prefer sweet-tasting keto bars and are craving chocolate, go for Kiss My Keto bars.
EPIC protein bars are not your typical dessert-like keto bars. They’re a grab-and-go savory snack to satisfy your meat cravings. One thing to know, based on customer reviews, is that they taste different from jerky. EPIC has lots of keto-friendly options that feature various meats like beef, venison, chicken, and turkey.
Taste & Texture
Here are some reviews from real customers:
Kiss My Keto
- “All three flavors in the variety pack have the same texture – a dry nougat/mousse texture.”
- “These bars are really delicious and really helpful when you have sweet cravings. They have a creamy texture and a good bite to them.”
- “Excellent texture, not too dense or heavy, the right amount of sweetness.”
- “That being said, this was my first time having anything Chocolate in (what feels like) such a long time. And I have to say, oh boy these are delicious.”
- “I’m sorry but anyone that doesn’t like these is crazy. The flavor is awesome. As for the texture, they are not supposed to have a hard texture like jerky.”
- “These bars are a good meal replacement with sufficient flavor to make them interesting.”
- “I like that the texture was soft enough for my 2 year old to be able to eat some.”
- “I love the Epic sriracha chicken bar’s, in fact my fur child goes nuts for them every time I’m unwrapping one.”
At Kiss My Keto, you can grab a box of 12 keto bars for $35.99 regardless of the flavor. We also have a variety pack featuring all 3 chocolate flavors for the same price.
That means a 50 gram Kiss My Keto bar costs $2.99.
EPIC sells a box of 12 keto-friendly bars for $29.99 regardless of the flavor. Their variety pack includes only 4 flavors which are Venison Sea Salt + Pepper, Chicken Sriracha, Beef Sea Salt + Pepper, and Beef Jalapeño. (You’ll have to buy their Beef Barbacoa-inspired bars separately.)
A 43 gram or 47 gram EPIC bar will cost you $2.49.
Which is the better deal?
That’s a tricky question because it depends on whether you’re after a sweet or meaty-tasting keto bar. But in terms of price, I would say that Kiss My Keto is the better deal because the bars are bigger – so you get more bang for your buck.
People have different opinions on which bars taste better, fill them up better, meet their goals better, etc. Before you buy Kiss My Keto bars or EPIC bars, make an informed decision by reading some real customer reviews:
Kiss My Keto
- No unpleasant aftertaste: “I’ve tried all kinds of low carb, keto bars and snacks and these are amazing. I purchased the cookie dough ones and the flavor was nice without any sort of unpleasant aftertaste, which can be common with some sweeteners.”
- Best macros: “The macros on this bar are the real deal. Will buy again!!!”
- Curbs sugar cravings: “…they are great for preventing yourself from caving to sugar cravings. The fact that they are filling and mildly sweet makes me feel satisfied and curbs the sweet tooth.”
- Can cause gas: “Great taste and surprisingly filling but everyone I know , self included , gets horrible gas from them.”
- Great taste: “These are great tasting, better than any venison I have had, especially one with real ingredients”
- For those who like a protein bar: “I am a cyclist and eat a good amount of protein bars. I have eaten so many protein bars over the years that I’m not a fan of the normal ones any more.”
- Worth your money: “It sure isn’t cheap but it’s worth every penny. And if I could afford to have this daily,”
- Too salty for some: “Unfortunately these are a bit too salty for my personal taste and I won’t buy them again. But if they ever come up with a low salt version I’d buy them regularly.”
EPIC bars are for those looking for a meaty snack. Meanwhile, Kiss My Keto bars are for those who prefer a sweet snack with a chocolate taste. As you can tell, both keto snacks cater to different taste preferences and are, therefore, special in their own way.
When it comes to keto macros, Kiss My Keto bars have a higher fat and moderate protein content. This makes the macros well-balanced and formulated for nutritional ketosis. EPIC bars, while being low in carbs, tend to be higher in protein.
Kiss My Keto bars are a great option for satisfying your sweet tooth, especially with the various flavors available. They’re big enough to help you stay full and probably share with a friend. However, if you’re sensitive to erythritol, we recommend not having more than 1 bar at a time.
On the other hand, EPIC bars are a wonderful option if you’re trying to avoid sweets altogether – keto-friendly or not.
Ready to give these bars a try? Click here to order a Kiss My Keto bar today.