Dang bars are popular in the keto community. But are they best for keeping you in ketosis? Find out how these bars compare to Kiss My Keto bars.
If you’re looking for convenient store-bought keto snacks, keto bars can be a great choice. Since the keto diet went mainstream, there are just so many options to choose from.
And the truth is, not all bars with the label “keto” are truly keto-friendly. Some have too many carbs that can easily make you go over your daily limit. Others support ketosis but don’t taste incredible.
One new innovation is the Dang bar which comes in various flavors. At a glance, these bars give the impression of being both healthy and yummy. But are they?
Let’s take a closer look at Dang bars and figure out if they’re better than our own Kiss My Keto bars.
What Are Dang Bars?
Dang bars are plant-based and gluten-free bars that are made with whole food ingredients. This is what Dang mentions on their website. All Dang bars contain coconuts sourced from Thailand.
According to the company, they create snacks that don’t sacrifice taste while making it easier for people to avoid sugar. Currently, their bars are available in 6 flavors – Almond Cookie, Crazy Rich Chocolate, Lemon Matcha, Peanut Butter, Toasted Coconut, and Mint Chocolate.
Are Dang Bars Keto-Friendly?
Judging by their nutritional profile, Dang bars are low in net carbs, high in fat, and moderate in protein. So, yes, these snacks fit the standard keto diet macros.
If you have a sweet tooth, these bars are sweetened with stevia which is a natural sugar substitute. Stevia does not affect blood glucose levels and is calorie-free.
Dang Bars vs Kiss My Keto Bars
Brands Kiss My Keto and Dang are alike in that they make snacks that support the ketogenic diet. Their bars are low in net carbs and gluten-free.
But which company offers the best bars?
Only you can answer this question depending on your keto goals and personal preferences. To help you choose, we’re going to compare these bars based on factors like the ingredients, macros, and customer reviews.
Kiss My Keto
- Chocolate Coconut: Tapioca Fiber Syrup, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Unsweetened Chocolate, Whole Egg Powder, Milk Protein Isolate, Cashews, Inulin, Vegetable Glycerin, Egg White Protein, Erythritol, Cocoa Butter, Coconut, Natural Flavor, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Gum Acacia, Sunflower Lecithin, MCT Powder, Sea Salt, Almonds, Stevia Extract, Vanilla Extract.
- Chocolate Cookie Dough: Tapioca Fiber Syrup, Coconut Oil, Whole Egg Powder, Almonds, Unsweetened Chocolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Inulin, Vegetable Glycerin, Egg White Protein, Erythritol, Cocoa Butter, Cacao Nibs, Natural Flavor, Gum Acacia, Sunflower Lecithin, Sea Salt, MCT Powder, Cashews, Stevia Extract, Vanilla Extract.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Tapioca Fiber Syrup, Coconut Oil, Unsweetened Chocolate, Whole Egg Powder, Peanuts, Milk Protein Isolate, Inulin, Egg White Protein, Vegetable Glycerin, Erythritol, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavor, Gum Acacia, Peanut Extract, Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, MCT Powder, Almonds, Cashews, Stevia Extract.
- Almond Cookie: Almonds, Chicory Root Fiber, Cocoa Butter, Pea Protein Crisps (Pea Protein, Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate), Sunflower Seeds, Pea Protein, Coconut, Chia Seeds, Natural Flavors, Vanilla Flavor, Sunflower Lecithin, Sea Salt, Stevia Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E).
- Crazy Rich Chocolate: Almonds, Chicory Root Fiber, Pea Protein Crisps (Pea Protein, Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate), Sunflower Seeds, Pea Protein, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Coconut, Natural Flavors, Chia Seeds, Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Stevia Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E).
- Lemon Matcha: Almonds, Chicory Root Fiber, Cocoa Butter, Pea Protein Crisps (Pea Protein, Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate), Pea Protein, Sunflower Seeds, Coconut, Chia Seeds, Natural Flavors, Lemon Oil, Sunflower Lecithin, Matcha Green Tea, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Stevia Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E).
- Peanut Butter: Peanuts, Chicory Root Fiber, Cocoa Butter, Almonds, Pea Protein Crisp (Pea Protein, Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate), Pea Protein, Coconut, Sunflower Seeds, Chia Seeds, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Stevia Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E).
- Toasted Coconut: Almonds, Chicory Root Fiber, Cocoa Butter, Pea Protein Crisp (Pea Protein, Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate), Sunflower Seeds, Pea Protein, Coconut, Chia Seeds, Natural Flavor, Sunflower Lecithin, Sea Salt, Stevia Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E).
- Mint Chocolate: Almonds, Chicory Root Fiber, Pea Protein Crisps (Pea Protein, Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate), Pea Protein, Sunflower Seeds, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Coconut, Natural Flavors, Peppermint Oil, Chia Seeds, Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Stevia Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E).
Some differences with the ingredients:
You can tell from the lists above that Kiss My Keto and Dang bars are made with noteworthy ingredients. For example, both brands use almonds – low-carb nuts that contain healthy amounts of vitamin E, magnesium, and manganese.
When it comes to the differences, here are a few:
- Kiss My Keto bars contain medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). These fats provide energy by increasing your ketone levels. Dang bars do not have MCTs.
- Dang bars are sweetened using stevia. They do not contain sugar alcohols such as erythritol that may cause digestive issues in those sensitive to them. Kiss My Keto, on the other hand, uses not just stevia, but also erythritol.
Kiss My Keto bars are much lower in net carbs, making them more keto-friendly. They also pack more fat to keep you full and energized. One bar (50g) has:
- Calories: 230-240
- Net carbs: 3g
- Fat: 18-19g
- Protein: 9g
Dang bars have more net carbs than Kiss My Keto bars. The bars are smaller, with each bar being 40g. Compared to Kiss My Keto, Dang bars have fewer calories.
- Calories: 200-210
- Net carbs: 4-5g
- Fat: 15-16g
- Protein: 9g
Which is a better fit for the ketogenic diet?
That would be Kiss My Keto bars. Keeping your carb intake as low as possible is the key to reaching and maintaining ketosis. A Kiss My Keto bar has only 3g net carbs while providing more fat from MCTs.
This is what makes Dang bars exciting. Who doesn’t like choosing from 6 different flavors? Whether you’re in the mood for something chocolatey, minty, lemony, or nutty, Dang has it.
Kiss My Keto has 3 classic chocolate flavors – Chocolate Coconut, Chocolate Cookie Dough, and Chocolate Peanut Butter. All flavors taste incredible according to our customers.
Read more comments from Dang and Kiss My Keto customers below.
Taste & Texture
Don’t take our word for it. Check out these customer reviews:
Kiss My Keto
- “All three flavors in the variety pack have the same texture – a dry nougat/mousse texture.”
- “Coming from someone who, prior to keto, could eat a tube of cookie dough, these satisfy that craving. They taste great!”
- “I’ve tried all kinds of low carb, keto bars and snacks and these are amazing. I purchased the cookie dough ones and the flavor was nice without any sort of unpleasant aftertaste, which can be common with some sweeteners.”
- “The texture is better than expected with the good fats overcoming the usual dry chalkiness of some bars.”
- “I got the variety box & I’m glad I did. I would never have tried Lemon Matcha otherwise, and it is very tasty.”
- “They are kinda crumbly and packed full of nuts and stuff. It’s got that crunch in it and the taste is good to me.”
- “These are very tasty. Especially like when I get an extra salty bite. Just wish they were a little bigger.”
Kiss My Keto sells a box of 12 keto bars (any flavor) for $35.99. That makes each bar $2.99. You can also get these bars for less, save 12.5%, if you subscribe.
Dang bars will cost you $33.20 for a box of 12 (any flavor). That makes each bar $2.76. You can get it for less, save 10%, if you subscribe.
Which bar is cheaper?
That would be Dang. But even if Kiss My Keto bars cost a bit more, these bars are more satisfying because of their bigger size while being lower in net carbs.
There’s no better source of information than feedback from customers who’ve actually tasted these keto bars. So, once again, read some of the best (and not so good) reviews.
Kiss My Keto
- Keeps you full: “I had one for breakfast and stayed full most of the day. I was pleasantly surprised by these and am glad I ordered them!”
- Superior taste: “The taste is true to description and rivals many homemade recipes I have tried.”
- Just the right sweetness and macros: “Excellent texture, not too dense or heavy, the right amount of sweetness. The macros on this bar are the real deal.”
- Can cause gas: “I recommend eating half in a private setting to see how you react before eating it in public.”
- Delicious and satisfying: “I could live off these bars if I had to! They are satisfying, and very tasty. Better than any bar I’ve bought off the retail big box stores.”
- Great for low-carb vegans: “I am thrilled to have a vegan, low carb option. Will definitely buy again.”
- Dry and crumbly: “They’re grainy, dry, crumbly and have a weird, almost sandy finish.”
- Small size: “These are very tasty. Especially like when I get an extra salty bite. Just wish they were a little bigger.”
One of these bars might be your next favorite on-the-go low-carb snack.
But if you want a more keto-friendly alternative, choose Kiss My Keto bars. They’re lower in net carbs and higher in fat. This part is important if you’re closely monitoring your macros each day.
You’ll also love the fact that Kiss My Keto bars are bigger and tasty. The only downside is that they contain erythritol, a sugar alcohol that causes stomach upset in some people when taken in large amounts.
You will like Dang bars if a crumbly texture doesn’t bother you and you prefer other flavors that aren’t chocolate.
So, there you have it. Let us know if you’ve tried any of these bars by leaving a comment below!