Swap your usual bowl of Turkey gravy this Thanksgiving for this delicious and simple beef gravy. It enhances the flavors of any dish and you can make as much of it as you need to feed a large crowd – just double or triple the ingredients. And since this is a keto recipe, you’ll get the added benefits of MCTs too.
Keto Chili Beef Gravy
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 sachets Kiss My Keto Bone Broth – Beef Chili
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- First, dissolve the instant broth in water.
- Pour dissolved broth into a saucepot and add garlic powder, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a gentle boil and simmer until reduced by half.
- Beat egg in a bowl for tempering.
- Pour in ¼ cup of the beef broth mixture into the beaten egg and whisk to combine.
- Pour the tempered egg into simmering broth and gently cook until thickened, around 3-4 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
The most delicate step in this recipe is tempering the eggs. You need to slowly add the hot broth into the egg while whisking continuously. This will prevent overcooked and curdled eggs.
If you accidentally end up with scrambled eggs when tempering, strain the gravy through a fine-mesh sieve and try again. Thicken the sauce with xanthan gum or Glucomannan powder if you don’t won’t to use tempered egg.
Serve gravy with mashed cauliflower or your favorite meats.