These festive pancakes are a great pancake lover’s alternative to classic birthday cake. Although this dessert may look like it’s loaded with carbs, it actually has only 5.5g net carbs for the whole recipe. Made with a handful of simple ingredients and ready in 15 minutes, this recipe is also perfect as a breakfast staple – no need to wait for your birthday to enjoy this festive sweet.
Birthday Cake Batter Protein Pancakes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high speed until you get a smooth batter.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and grease with the coconut oil.
- Drop a rounded tablespoon of the batter into the skillet.
- Fry pancakes for approximately 1 minute per side.
- Make the topping by combining the Greek yogurt and protein powder in a bowl. Place aside until ready to use.
- Stack the pancakes and cover with prepared topping.
- Sprinkle with sugar-free chocolate shavings or sprinkles.
- Serve warm.
Tips & Tricks
- Grease the skillet with a thin layer of coconut oil in-between each pancake.
- The pancakes should be no more than 4 inches in diameter for easy handling. Large pancakes tend to break when flipped.
- Another thing to keep in mind is to use finely ground almond flour for fluffy and soft pancakes; however, plain almond flour will also do.
- When are the pancakes ready to flip? Look for bubbles forming on top and flip when the edges start to cook a bit.